(1) Name: Marta. Marta-bee is my online handle butreally it's just Marta.
(2) Nickname: Maya, Amanda Lynn (old family joke; my dad was a bluegrass fan, and aparently my brother was almost named Ben Joe as well), "Hey you"...
(3) Birthday: Boring. Statistics prove we each have only one birthday - imagine, one birthday every year. But we each have 364 unbirthdays, and those are the dates you really want to hear.
(4) Gender: Female
(5) Sexuality: Asexual
(6) Height: five feet, 5.5". And yes, that final half-inch really does bother me.
(7) Time zone: US Eastern
(8) What time and date is it there: Monday 08-Sept., 5:18 am.
(9) Average hours of sleep I get each night: ideally, seven. Insomnia can be yucky.
(10) OTPs: Once upon a time it would have been Johnlock, but between the show and the fandom, that's just not half as much fun as it used to be. I still like it but it's not what I would consider the relationship I'm most naturally drawn to these days. Holmescest, I suppose? Though there I more prefer to see the characterization and power dynamic play out nonsexually. Mormor, Johncroft, and Shersrade come in a three-way tie to second. Really, I'm flexible and tend to like whatever pairing I'm reading if the author does her job well.
(In the Tolkien fandom I don't really have OTPs. I have fave characters: Denethor, Celeborn, Maedhros, Ar-Pharazon, Bilbo, and pretty much any dwarf with the possible exception of Durin.)
(11)The last thing I Googled was: "warlords fayzabad" (= fic research) (Yes, I am actually writing again. 571 words and counting, HLV gapfiller, John's perspective. Not the fic I planned to work on, but the start at least is actually on paper, so I'm not going to argue.)
(12) First word that comes to mind: Eruhantalë , one of the three ritual prayers of Numenor. I honestly have no idea what inspired it, except that I really like the sound.
(13) What I last said to a family member: Depends on how you define family. If you mean current members of the household (as in, roommates), it was something about the recent job interview. If you mean family-family, I honestly can't remember. It's been several weeks. Probably when my brother and I talked about insurance.
(14) One place that makes me happy and why: Dol Amroth. No, it isn't a real place, but just imagining what life would be like there makes me happier than pretty much anywhere in reality. I mean, the sea breeze, the harbor, the Haradric quarters, the archives under the Prince's castles, the gardens with their high shrubs and flowers all about...
(15) How many blankets I sleep under: One duvet, if that. More often a sheet or nothing at all.
(16) Favourite beverage: diet pepsi
(17) The last movie I watched in the cinema: Oh, goodness. Days of Future Past, maybe? It's been a while.
(18) Three things I can’t live without: The only answers that came to mind are truly depressing verging on macabre so I'm going to skip it.
(19) Something I plan on learning: learn Arabic, specifically the MSA. I was making some progress on the basics before I went on the job market and felt I needed to improve my Spanish language skills, and so I've been reviewing grammar and hanging out in barbershops to get conversational Spanish practice. But I really want to master at least basic Arabic.
(20) A piece of advice for all my followers: This isn't so much for the LJ crowd because the people I know on LJ don't really need any overarching advice, but in general: assume folks mean well. Give others the benefit of the doubt and assume careless word-choice or good-faith mistake rather than something purposeful, and try as hard as you can in any circumstance to understand why someone said what they said, what their reasons were. Understanding is not excusing, but understanding does build empathy and is character-building and imagination-stretching in any case.
(21) You have to listen to this song: There are of course so many songs to choose, and if I wasn't too lazy to open up Spotify I'd probably find several modern ones I particularly like. As it is, the one song that really springs to mind is the JS Bach "little fugue," Fugue in G Minor. It's simply so intricate and mathematical - it's the kind of thing that any music lover should close her eyes and really, really listen to at some point. A piano arrangement I'm particularly fond of:
(22) My blog(s): This is it on LJ. On Tumblr I have four: marta-sherlock, marta-fandom, marta-beauty, and marta-geekery; though they're more pinboards than proper blogs. Marta-sherlock is the closest I come to having an actual blog over there. I also have my own site where I tend to post less fannish things, http://www.fidesquarens.net, though I try to post links to LJ whenever I write something there. If you just follow LJ, you're more likely missing out on the fanart, headcanons, links, etc. I share over at Tumblr than anything else.
... and this is where I'm supposed to tag someone else. I'm not not going to, but if you do take this up please drop me a comment so I can read your answers.