I do, however, have a Tumblr account, and last night I'm convinced someone spiked the punch. My page is (predictably) Sherlock-centric and as Britishman Sillyface was presenting, he'd obviously be in attendance. What followed was perhaps predictable. Neither he nor anyone I know from that show was nominated directly, though he was involved in 12 Years a Slave and that flick did quite well. That doesn't matter so much, though, because the real fun was the Red Carpet and the shots of him just having a fun time. It was infectious.
And when I say having a fun time, I don't just mean him leaning over and chatting it up with George Clooney or smiling as a co-star won an award. Because this actually happened:
This being Benedict, it was predictable that the photobomb would be passed around and around until some clever Sherlockians decided to add to it. My favorite bits so far are these photoshopped shots (here and here.) The Cumber-bombs of his own projects (Mary and John's wedding, anyone?) had me giggling before when I first saw them and giggling once more now that I think of them again. There's also the original photo juxtaposed with Hobbit quotes.
Some more Benedict loveliness:
- his red carpet interview with Piers Morgan [video]
- proof yet again that the man can pull off a well-tailored suit
- BC talking about the Hiddleston/Fassbender/Cumberbatch danceoff
- the self-bum touch, because apparently Martin wasn't there for him to pinch
- that cute, melt-your-heart-while-simultaneously-bur
- when Ellen ordered the audience a bunch of pizzas, and BC apparently took a whole pie for himself
- when Tumblr had fun with the fact that the snow is back and Frozen won an Oscar
- Lupita's simply inspiring words in her speech, and BC being genuinely touched at her win
- BC during his presentation, not being quite able to contain his excitement
- more goofing off on the red carpet
- Benedict being entirely over-the-moon at Twelve Years' win for best picture - and him not being the most excited one up there
- in which BC proves he's quite flexible (which is not nearly as PG13ish as it sounds
- Benedict photobombing people who aren't U2
- that wonderful moment when you realize BC was the third-most-mentioned person on social media last night despite not being nominated. I feel kind of sorry for Jared Leto...
And because they weren't there but still are really very awesome have some:
- BAMF!John [language warning]
- Mark Gatiss apparently playing himself
- Jim Moriarty (hi!) vs. "Flappy Birds"
Right, need to go teach now. Enjoy your day.